Shoemakers feathering knife or welt plough used for creating a holdfast or channel for hand welting. A limited edition item.
A handmade shoe making tool by British craftsmen based in UK. This tool has been replicated from the famous Sheffield based company that used to make shoe making tools called George Barnsley Tools. This is also known as a “Featuring or Welt Plough” but commonly called Channeling or featuring knife to cut a channel or holdfast on the leather insole. The angled head of the knife creates an even cut around the leather insole leaving a channel. This is a rare tool not to be found easily.
- Brand: Mukshy – Handmade in UK by British craftsmen
- Material: Durable carbon steel blade and comes very sharp
- Ready to use: Yes
- Comes in a case: Yes
- Length of the tool: 7 inches or 18 cm
- Channeling width: 8 mm
- Blade length from handle: 3.5 inches or 9cm
- Vintage wooden handle that grips very well on the palm
- Fine Grit Emery paper to keep the tool sharp
- Piece of sole leather to keep the blade edge